Sunday, February 19, 2017


 Week Two

Hey all!  It's the end of my second week with the Baja team, and a lot of big stuff has happened.  The entire campus had an open house night on Friday, so we restored last year's car for a demonstration.  Seeing it actually move made me realize just how impressive the project is, and how cool it is that I'm a part of it.

Yesterday, I learned how to weld!!  I had the chance to practice in the welding lab for most of the day, and I must say, it's so much fun!  I had some good welds and some, well, not-so-good ones, but I'm getting better.  When you see people weld on TV or in movies, you don't realize just how loud it is.  The sparking of the torch looks and sounds like fireworks on New Years Eve.  I decided to use some scrap metal to make a little memento of my first day welding, so I made this:




No comments:

Post a Comment