Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week Three

Hi all!  This week marked the beginning of the big push to finish the car in the next few weeks, so we can start testing.  I helped with reassembling last year's car, so we can test the new transmission before the new car is finished.  I took the engine out, and helped put it back in 2 inches to the left.  I reattached the wheel arms to make the car driveable again.  I also helped make some parts for the new car, including hubs and suspension arms.  It's exciting to be able to actually contribute to the project, rather than the albeit important but slightly boring learning of the ropes.

We should have last year's car back up and running this coming week, so we can get a jumpstart on tests while the new car is still being completed.  I'm still really enjoying the experience as a whole, and I'm excited to see what comes next!  Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. This does sound really exciting! I wish I could say I built a car. Coincidentally, my project also involved a bit of welding. Can't wait to see how the cars turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you expand more on the ultimate objective of the redesigning of the car i.e. fuel efficiency, weight, size, appearance, etc.? It sounds like a lot of fun and good luck finishing and testing your car(s).

    ReplyDelete